Thursday, December 23, 2010

Adiamante Final



“I saw men slaughter children, for that they might grow to avenge their dead fathers. I saw children who had escaped such slaughter grown to manhood and become heroes in order that they might slaughter other children to revenge their own dear dead fathers, and in truth, that was what they did.”

“Trust is acting in good faith when you have no reason so to act. Trust is refraining from attacking an enemy first, no matter what the cost. Why is that wise? Because once any person or society strikes first, that action sows the seeds of corruption...Physical survival is not enough, not for either a person or a society. A society’s principles must also survive, and if you betray your principles for physical survival, then you have doomed your offspring and your society.”

Well I ended up liking the book in the end. I definitely wouldn't have gone through the trouble of reading it if I hadn't forced myself to. Can't bring myself to recommend it.

2

No comments:

Post a Comment