Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Adventures In Paranormal Investigation by Joe Nickell

My sincerest apologies that this wasn't posted earlier. I assumed I already had, but now find out that it was only a draft.

The introduction begins: "I am now in my fourth decade as a paranormal investigator.." I knew I was in for a real treat.  Thankfully, the author is a skeptic and actually investigates things thoroughly using the scientific method. He certainly seems the expert he claims to be, having appeared on Oprah, CNN, and BBC radio to explain certain paranormal phenomena. Regarding ghost hunters using EMF meters he says, "They seem to think that if they use high-tech equipment they are performing science, but they are actually engaging in pseudoscience."

 Each chapter in the book deals with a different sort of paranormal event or urban legend. Not every one of them has to do with the paranormal, so the title is a little misleading in that regard, but it is still very well laid out. Crop circles, stigmata, hauntings. You name it, he's studied it and explains is so well. I definitely recommend this one to anyone.

Rating - 4

No comments:

Post a Comment