Sunday, October 11, 2009

About Grace

I've gotta admit, I was skeptical about this novel from the start. It begins with our main character who has psychic dreams. The first few chapters are confusing because I couldn't tell what time-frame I was supposed to be based in. I had a hard time taking pity on the protagonist until halfway through the book cuz he was sleeping around and running away with a married woman.

BUT our author, Patrick DeWitt, did enchant me toward the end of the book and I was hooked. It becomes a story about forgiveness and missed chances. As with many of the novels I've read so far, it ends oddly and a bit too abruptly, but this is one I'd recommend to others and might even find myself reading it again. I give it a good 4 on the scale.

----------------
Now playing: MST3K - 0912 - The Screaming Skull Part 6/9
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment