Friday, October 2, 2009

About Looking

This odd title by John Berger ended up to be an odd book indeed. This book arrived at the library in December of ’08, but looks like I’m the first to check it out. Page 4 and I’m already hearing about cows again. Some of the same information nonetheless. And on page 14 Berger starts talking about Behaviorism.

The first section left me confused as to the purpose of the author. He seems to be weaving a overly descriptive rant about zoos and the marginalization of animals, but the point is lost somewhere in the 30 pages. The jacket describes this as "art criticism." I finally understood by the middle of the book that this disjunct feeling is because the book is actually a collection of essays all written by Berger all which have something or other to do with looking. I now understand why I'm the first to borrow this book.

This barely gets rated as a 1.

----------------
Now playing: Harry Connick, Jr. - Don't Get Around Much Anymore
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment