Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Absolutely American

Well I officially have no computer now, so I'm cramped for time at the library. BUT, I just got done reading an EXCELLENT book. Absolutely American by David Lipsky intimidated me before I had a chance to open it, but I can now recommend it to anyone. Lipsky is a journalist for Rolling Stone but was commissioned to spend 4 years at West Point and write this book about the institution. Whether you have family in the military, are considering joining the military, or hate the military, this book is a good read. Lipsky follows the lives of a handful of cadets through their journey of decisions at the school. We read stories of failure, courage, romance, and even see how West Point reacts on 9/11.
For those of us who are civilians, Lipsky bridges a gap of understanding into the military world and for that I give this book a high 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment