Tuesday, March 9, 2010

More about Access

I just finished reading two books aimed toward those for whom increased accessibility is a need.

The first is The Accessible Home by Nancy Baldrica. As you might guess, this book is about updating your home to accommodate those with certain physical needs (wheelchair, limited eyesight, etc.) I have absolutely no need for the information in this book, but I can say that it was clearly stated, thoughtful, and practical. It even included instructions for certain home improvement projects. I give it a 2

The second was 101 Accessible Vacations by Candy Harrington. Again...I have no use for this book, but it was still well written, including a wide range of vacation ideas for wheelchair-bound people. It includes ideas such as cruises, swimming, accessible skiing, etc. I didn't count if there were actually 101 ideas, and this book would not work as a travel guide, but it's a good start for anyone with a physical disability who needs a vacation. 2

No comments:

Post a Comment