Sunday, January 9, 2011

Adios Amigos


Sometimes I wish I had the literary capability to share my experiences in an entertaining fashion. Page Stegner is one of those authors who can express himself well about a topic other than writing.
Adios Amigos will either inspire its reader to get out and explore the "Wild West" or satisfy those of us who never will with its vivid imagery. Stegner is not a romantic. He is sometimes afraid, sometimes cynical, sometimes in awe. He is always honest about his times on the rivers. I especially liked his chapter about guiding a group of Californian teens along a river expedition. A lot of comic exchanges.
This book is a moderately short read. If you have particular interest in nature and ecology, I recommend it.

3

----------------
Now playing: David Crowder - Deliver Me
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment