Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Advanced Cyclist's Training Manual


I'm rather biased when I respond to this book because I love cycling. I would consider myself in no way advanced, but Luke Edwardes-Evans was able to teach me a few very practical things. I thought at first that it would leave me depressed because I'm not even in good enough shape to do RAGBRAI, let alone a race.
This is a different kind of book. It's not about training schedules and mantras (although it does have its share of both). Rather, it's geared toward the rider as an individual. Yes, hardcore training is important if you want to race well, but if you set out with no regard to your schedule, relationships, and fitness goals, you will burn out fast. One can only hope that doesn't include an injury in the process.
The information was surprisingly NOT over my head and March was the perfect month to read it, as this is about the time when I get really obsessed with cycling. I would recommend this book to anyone.

Rating - 4

No comments:

Post a Comment