Monday, February 22, 2010

All kinds of snobbery await

Well I've come across another exception to my reading schedule! I like wine. I'm not a wine expert by any means, but I love learning about it, and I was delighted to come across my next book: Academie du Vin Wine Course from none other than...the Academie du Vin. This book is split into three different courses on wine (basic to advanced) covering tasting, grape varieties, vinification, etc.

Book learning is all fine and well, but experience really does make the difference. That is why I will be keeping this book around for some time while I get a chance to taste a number of the wines it teaches about.

My only qualm with the book is that it was written in 1990 and so much has changed. If I can find an updated version, I will definitely be buying this one. Hooray for another 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment