Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Marie Antoinette

It's been a while, but my last book was over 500 pages. Abundance by Sena Jeter Naslund is a novel written from the perspective of Marie Antoinette. Despite it's thickness, it is a pleasant read, helped by the fact that the chapters are so short. It doesn't qualify as smut in any sense, but there are parts that are more adult in nature. (Imagine reading a 14yr old's diary.)

I don't think I would go so far as purchasing this book, but it would be interesting to read again. I tend to like historical fiction anyway. This book explores every aspect of her life from her relationships, to politics, to scandals. It begins at age 14 as she leaves Austria into France and ends under the guillotine. Sorry if I spoiled the ending. :D

This book earns a solid 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment