Friday, November 27, 2009

In the Begining

So, an introduction. My name is Tyler and since I will not post frequently enough to justify my own blog and because blogging is against my religion, I am posting on Bekah's which has a similar theme. Bekah is going to read about ten million books and I am going to read 165, probably in the same amount of time. But first, a few ground rules:

1) You are more than welcome to post comments, but under no circumstances are you allowed to suggest books for me to read or inform me of why whatever book or author I am reading should not be on the list. As soon as I figure out how, I will post a copy of the list on the blog. You are welcome to use it and start your own blogging empire if you like. The list is long enough and I made it so I get to decide what is worth reading. YAY, ME!!

2) No criticizing my reading speed. As a history, I had not read a novel front to back until after I was out of high school. I am not dumb, just lazy. So, I read slow because I am not very good at it. I am significantly better than I was, but I still only moderately faster than I am able to out loud. So, shut it.

3) You are welcome to make any other comments that you like.

That is it. I started reading seriously about 5 years ago with the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett. I love the book and a few of them are on the list. I will read the books in whatever order I can buy them in because I am also attempting to build a library. Not to worry, I already own several of them to get started with. I hope you find this as interesting as I do. Since you don't, however, feel free to bore yourself with my wiley charms.

No comments:

Post a Comment