Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Philosophy FIN

I completely About Philosophy by Robert Paul Wolff. The last two chapters were the philosophy of Art and Religion. "Art" dealt mainly with whether art has any value, while "Religion" compared views of different philosophers, discussing whether truth is subjective or objective. Freud argued that religious impulse is just an infantile expression of fantasies.

Obviously this book was meant to accompany a philosophy class, so as such I find it difficult to rate outside its intended environment. I'm very impressed with Wolff's ability to make such a vague topic so accessible to a novice as myself. Because of that, I have to give this book a 3. I would recommend it to anyone interested in learning about philosophy.

----------------
Now playing: Kylie Minogue - Like A Drug
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment