Sunday, June 20, 2010

Accompaniment Method for Guitar

I'm out of Accidents!! yay! Took me long enough

Well Mel Bay wrote this method book for guitar accompaniment, complete with CD for demonstration. I played through it, and it looks like a really great book for anyone aspiring to learn guitar. Most guitar books I see move too quickly through techniques, but this spends a good deal on various strumming and picking styles, which seems to be where most new learners struggle. There's no plucking through "Little Brown Jug" or banging your head with scales, but the book includes all the basics needed to start accompanying yourself or someone else on guitar. It even includes various 7th and barre chords, and, of course, appendices to cover what they've left out.

This comes with high recommendation from me! 3

No comments:

Post a Comment