Sunday, September 12, 2010

Adam and Evil pt. 2

Wow. Lots of action in a short period of time. I certainly can't say that this book was believable, but when I read mysteries, I don't need them to be. Our hero, Amanda Pepper came out of the experience alive and found the murderer before the innocent suspect was caught.

There were a few loose ends I would have liked to follow. Like, will Adam's parents finally see how desperately in need of psychiatric help he is? Will the girls in Ms. Pepper's class get to release their expose about the criminal activity within the school?

Well..it is fiction. So the answer to these questions is NO. Because none of this exists. I liked this book. The cast of characters was small enough that it was easy to suspect the real killer at least some of the time. But the subplots were a delightful distraction. I wouldn't call it great literature, but that designation is incredibly rare in mystery fiction.

I'll grace it with a 3

No comments:

Post a Comment