Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Adam's Curse conclusion

I really am starting to learn a lot of things from this reading endeavor. I'm glad I've pursued it. That said...

Sykes managed to keep a typical secular viewpoint without making me uncomfortable in the process. I don't know if it's because I could hear his suave British accent in the pages or what. He has a definite opinion about abortion that surprised me, calling it "murder in the womb." And his idea of the eventual disappearance of men has to do with increasing male infertility and the potential of the mitochondrial DNA (only passed on through women) to do away with producing sons entirely.

It's an interesting theory. One I won't be around to test. But like I said, I learned a lot about genetics that I would have never been able to stomach from a textbook.

I'll give it a 3

3 comments:

  1. Hey I know this book! It seems there is a logic why this matrilineal (mitochondrial) DNA wants to do away with male humans. We are dead end for "her".

    If that's our destiny then I hope you girls will figure out reproduction without us and be humanity representatives. Good luck :=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. A real "battle of the sexes" it seems. *sobs* Why can't we all just get along!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, at least we can party next 125000 yearz! :)

    ReplyDelete