Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A couple of Adams

I had a lot of riding in a car today, so I cracked through two short books.

The first is Adam Sandler by Bill Crawford. Everything you can know about the Sandman is in this short book. That's because he's such a private person. Naw, it's a well done book, very enjoyable. It was written just before Little Nicky came out, so it's not exactly complete, but it's enough to confirm that Adam is a sick, dirty, funny man.

A 2 from me.

The second book is Adam Spencer's Book of Numbers, which is a much more enjoyable read than the similarly named book in the Bible. Spencer goes gives interesting facts about each whole number 1-100. I say "interesting" because it's piques the interest of someone somewhere. It's short. The cover calls it "A bizarre and hilarious journey...", but I'm not sure I'd go THAT far. It's humorous enough for the plebeian and academic enough for the mathematician. If you happen to read it cover to cover, it can drag a bit toward the end, but I'm probably one of the few to do that, so I think you're safe.

It didn't change my life or anything. I give it a 2 as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment