Monday, September 20, 2010

Adam Fuss

Adam Fuss: Essay by Eugenia Parry

Sometimes I have a hard time using the word "artist" to describe myself. This is because so many artists are complete lunatics. In my opinion, true art is creative but also humble. If you have to try to make more out of it than what is really there, it's lost its artistic element. I'm not speaking of abstract art that requires the person to see through the surface to define the work. I'm more talking about the artist himself, who sees something he's done, and then tries desperately to extract some meaning from it to bring some purpose to his own life.

This is how I feel about Adam Fuss. Some of his photography is pretty great, but some of it seems quite vapid. At least the book was short.

1

No comments:

Post a Comment