Thursday, September 23, 2010

Adam the King pt. 1

This is a short novel by Jeffrey Lewis. The setting is modern-day Maine, where a wealthy man (Adam) has just built a luxurious new home for him, his new bride, and her two adopted daughters. The locals aren't sure what to make of this rich new stranger, but Verne Hubbard and her boyfriend Roy get involved when Adam offers to purchase Verne's small property for over a million dollars. Verne isn't willing to part with the property because it's all that survives of her fathers legacy. But Roy want to get rich and is pressuring her to accept the offer.

I feel like I'm missing out on some secret information of which Lewis has yet to inform the reader. Adam's new marriage to Maisie seems to be based more on obligation than love. I guess I'll find out as I read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment