Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Adland pt. 1


I thought that this book was going to be about advertisement, which it is in a small sense. But at first glance, it’s just another cleverly disguised memoir. I don’t know who this guy is. Why do I care? I’m not sure if anyone in the advertising world would read it because, well they’re all busy trying to pitch ideas and the book doesn’t exactly offer a formula for success.

Like I said...at first glance. Now that I've read quite a bit of it, it's actually entertaining. I still don't really know who James Othmer's intended audience is, but that's ok. I'll give it my best read before dropping too much judgment.

Best quote so far: “Sometimes the brain does the conscience a favor and builds a wall around moments that can potentially destroy the soul.”

No comments:

Post a Comment