Saturday, February 19, 2011

Admissions Confidential pt. 1


I accidentally started reading the wrong book, but I'm too far into it to care. Glad I'm not a slave to my sense of order. *bites nails*

This book, by former Duke University admissions officer, Rachel Toor gives, as it's described "an insider's account of the elite college selection process." If I ignore the fact that I'm a complete Duke hater, the book is pretty good so far. I'm no longer in the world of academia, but my fiancé will be applying for graduate schools soon, so I'm hoping this will give me some tools to help him know what schools REALLY look for in the application process.

The title kind of sounds boring, but so far, it's a quick, fun read.

----------------
Now playing: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment