Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Adaptations pt. 5

Today's reading highlights from Adaptations: From Short Story to Big Screen by Stephanie Harrison! "The Swimmer" by John Cheever is a story/film I vaguely heard about recently. I think my dad was talking about it. Regardless, it's one I have to watch now that I've read the story. Very sad.

"Memento Mori" by Jonathan Nolan was made into the film Memento by his brother Christopher. I haven't seen the movie, but the story seems to be like a weird combination of 50 First Dates and The Lake House.

And of course who HASN'T seen A Christmas Story based on "Red Ryder Nails the Hammond Kid" by Jean Shepherd? If you haven't, I hereby command you to do so immediately!

----------------
Now playing: Pillar - Aftershock
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment