Sunday, October 3, 2010

Adams vs. Jefferson conclusion

I'm starting to think things really haven't changed much politically since 1800. One could say things are a bit more tame these days actually. We may get the random preacher burning the Quran, but I don't remember any political rallies in 2008 that involved burning effigies of the president. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Also, ne of u who txt alot, it's officially old news. I was amused to read that Jefferson received inside information in the form of letters from an anonymous "Yr. Friend". Yep, that's right.

Advice for anyone interested in reading this book. You HAVE to be interested. This isn't casual reading. It's only a couple hundred pages, but you really have to be paying attention to stay on track. I did learn a good deal, but I can't say it was an "enjoyable" read. I think I'll give it a 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment