Thursday, September 10, 2009

"A" is for The Aboltion of Britain

Sometimes I read multiple books at once, and when one is longer than another, I start with that. That means that this week, I'm reading slightly out of alphabetical order. So sue me.

My trip to the library this time brought me, among other things, The Abolition of Britain: From Winston Churchill to Princess Diana by Peter Hitchens. Mr. Hitchens is a controversial journalist from England, and in his book he is attempting to explain how Britain has been destroying itself since the age of Churchill. He is VERY much conservative and doesn't hide the fact that he attributes all of Britain's faults to the liberals, but it's quite informative nonetheless. Since I do maintain fairly conservative views, I would be interested to see how a liberal person would take the book. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment