Tuesday, September 8, 2009

No More Abigail

Well it's happened, folks. I've read a biography that I actually quite liked. I think the fact that the author had all the family letters as a resource, helped make it more personal and less just a series of historical facts and data. As educational as the Abe Lincoln book was, it definitely was not for casual readers, whereas this was. The whole time I read it I could imagine it as a major motion picture...a really long one.

Great quote regarding parenting from Abigail to her husband: "You will not teach them what to think, but how to think, and they will then know how to act." I think a lot of parents should read and re-read that statement.

Now I KNOW I promised you a novel next, but after getting to chapter 11 I realized that it actually WAS a smutty novel much like the cover depicted. I closed it. Moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment