Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Patagonia - Mixed Breeds

Abenteuer Hund properly translates to "Working Dog," which makes it no surprise that all the dogs mentioned in this book are exactly that. Whoever came up with "Dog's Best Friend" for the English title is...well I'll leave my opinions to myself.

Patagonia equals sheep. Well, it equals many things, but for our purposes we'll stick with sheep. The dogs, like the people of Patagonia, are mixed, but are mostly border dogs from the area which borders England and Scotland. I can't say I learned much from this portion of the book, but the pictures were lovely. Again...this makes a better TV series.

In 1999, when this book was written, kelpies were a new, exciting, Australian herding breed to arrive on the scene. Here I can at least provide you with a cute photo. :D


----------------
Now playing: The King's Singers - Fifty Ways To Leave Your Lover
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment