Friday, September 25, 2009

"A" is for About

Well it seems the next 20 books or so will have titles beginning with "About." Today I read Nick Hornby's best selling novel, About a Boy. If you haven't read it before, you may have seen the film starring Hugh Grant. I had done neither till this week. Now the book's complete and I definitely have to see the film.

This book was quite well written and enjoyable. Like many of the books I've read recently, the ending was a bit of a disappointment as we're left to believe that 12 yr old boys really have it all figured out, and it puts a dull light on the concept of marriage and family, a socio-economic structure I happen to be rather fond of.

All in all I give this book a 4, and although I'm not rushing to the bookstore to buy it, this is a book I would not be ashamed to have in my personal library.

----------------
Now playing: Mika - Love Today
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment