Thursday, September 17, 2009

"A" is for "Abominable"

Abominable Dr. Faust by Hiroyuki Takei is a manga novel in the Shaman King series. This wasn't my first experience with manga, but it was the first time I was forced to read in English from right to left. I totally get it though. Why reprint the whole thing backwards just for a translation.

The storyline was typical: our hero is facing a series of challengers to become shaman king and is using varies spirits to help him. I give this book a 4, for three simple words: "To be continued"

ARE YOU SERIOUS??!! So maybe my rating is a little high, but they ended the book in the middle of the climax. Clever little Japanese tactics.

----------------
Now playing: Israel 'IZ' Kamakawiwo'ole - Over The Rainbow
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment