Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Abraham Go get it

Another diamond in the rough! The next couple books I read will be slightly similar, but for this one, I can at least say that it was well worth it.

In the middle section, Feiler interviews a number of leaders in each of the three religions: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Some of it intrigued me. Some of it confirmed my own beliefs. Still more had me disheartened. Regardless of Feiler's own feelings on the issues, he asks some excellent questions.

This is not just a book of interviews and exegesis, however. Feiler's excellent writing style makes the reader feel as if the title's description is really true: A Journey to the Hearth of Three Faiths. In the process, we are submitted to a background on each religion as well as hearing from people who wave the "coexist" flag.

I definitely give this book a 4

No comments:

Post a Comment