Monday, December 14, 2009

The Abs Diet for Women

Just in time for the holidays!!! Many of you may have already read this book or some variation of the Abs Diet series. Let me start off by saying that I'm a diet skeptic. Diets, on the whole, don't work, or at least don't work on a long-term scale. No pun intended. Nevertheless, this book has gained quite a bit of attention, so I feel I should at least be informed. I hope you all brought donuts, cuz this is gonna be fun.

David Zinczenko opens the book with a summary suggesting 6 daily meals, lots of protein, easy on the carbs, one cheater meal a week, and light exercise. How is this different from other diets? Glad you didn't ask. Here are the so-called "Abs Diet Power 12" aka the 12 food groups Zinczenko suggests you include at least 2 of in every meal

- Almonds and other nuts
- Beans and legumes
- Spinach and other green vegetables
- Dairy (lowfat)
- Instant oatmeal (unsweetened, uninteresting)
- Eggs
- Turkey and other lean meats
- Peanut butter (to make up for the lean meats I suppose)
- Olive oil
- Whole-grain breads and cereals
- Extra protein powder
- Raspberries and other berries

No comments:

Post a Comment