Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Absent In the Spring

This day just keeps getting better. This morning I went to my library and picked up this book. Small inconspicuous little novel, black, leather-bound, with nothing but the title and author in small print on the spine.

During my quite brief lunch break at work, I cracked it open and started at the first few pages. The language instantly placed me in the earlier half of the 1900's and the writing style was engrossing. Work picked up pace and I didn't get to read any more till getting home just now. After finishing the first chapter I wondered to myself when it was written. Looking at the spine it read "Mary Westmacott". Doesn't wring a bell. And then flipping to the first couple pages, I read again "Mary Westmacott: Known to millions as Agatha Christie" Copyright 1944

No comments:

Post a Comment