Sunday, December 27, 2009

Commies and Amish

Ah the Holidays! I had an idea I'd be getting more reading time in this week, but turns out family keeps me pretty occupied. That's a good thing, btw.

I'm currently reading Absolute Friends by John Le Carre. It took me a chapter to really get into it, but I'm enjoying it so far. Our main character is a British man whose life has led him into the thick of political life. Son of a British Army officer, co-conspirator with Communists, and accidentally turned into a British spy. The 1st chapter takes place in the present, but starting in chapter 2, we get a flashback leading through his childhood, presumably to end right back where we started.

I'm also still reading through the Abram's Daughters series by Beverly Lewis. I've still 2 books to read before I can give any real opinion and believe me, the opinion has wavered quite a bit so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment