Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Abrams Guide to American House Styles

PICTURES!!!! I'm unfamiliar with The Abrams Guide, but after "reading" this book, I'm quite happy it exists. The book is written by William Morgan, but his job was nothing compared to photographer Radek Kurzaj. Fifteen house styles ranging from colonial to curiosities make this an interesting venture for anyone. Unfortunately, I came away from the book still not quite grasping what a Tudor or a Cape Cod are. Yeah. I'm a girl. I'm supposed to know these things. At best I can describe certain design details, but I can't assign them to a specific style.

This isn't exactly recommended reading because there is so little reading. Yet again, this would make a good coffee table book if only it were the right shape and size.

As much as I liked looking at it, it still gets a 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment