Monday, December 14, 2009

Abs. Need more proof?

The whole second chapter...is basically an extension of the first. If the first was about why obesity is bad, the second is about why the Abs Diet is good. Zinczenko starts off with a simple two page (4 column) shopping list, after which the diet is described as a "simple plan."

And what is the simple equation? more food + more exercise = less flab

One thing I've gotta give this book credit for is the fact that it makes me hungry. Hungry for good foods. And because it pokes fun at the Atkins diet. A few things did make me nervous though, and that's Zinczenko's suggestions for lowering blood glucose levels.

High Fructose Foods Replace With
Regular Soda Diet Soda
Commercial Candy Chocolate
Pancake Syrup Real maple syrup
Frozen Yogurt Ice Cream
Fruit-flavored yogurt Organic yogurt
Pasta Sauce Sugar-free pasta sauce
Energy Bars HFCS-free energy bars

Diet soda? Really? Haven't "they" proven that diet sodas make you crave more fatty foods? hmmm... And I'm a bit skeptical of ice cream being better than frozen yogurt, but I can't complain cuz I LOVE ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment